Statement of Purpose
This policy should reflect how the company sees itself in relation to its environment, neighbours, the people it employs and serves and future generations.
1) High Priority: To recognize environmental management as amongst the highest corporate priorities and as a key determinant to sustainable development; to establish policies, programs and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner.
2) Planning: Incorporate environmental consideration into our planning process and to assess environmental impacts before starting a new activity.
3) Waste Assessments: Periodically conduct formal reviews of activities to assure compliance with environmental regulations and internal procedures and report the results to the board of directors.
4) Product Design: Design products for optimal recyclability and reusability. We are equally committed to explore every opportunity to recycle or reuse waste material generated by our operations.
5) Contractors and Suppliers: To promote the adoption of these principles by contractors acting on behalf of the company; encouraging and where appropriate, requiring improvements in their practices to make them consistent with those of the company and to encourage the wider adoption of these principles by suppliers.
6) Operations: All operations must be conducted in a manner that safeguards health, protects the environment and conserves valuable materials and resources.
7) Products and Services: Develop products and services with no undue environmental impact - which are safe in their intended use - that are efficient in their consumption of energy and natural resources and can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely.
8) Integrated Waste Management: Minimize the creation of waste and wherever possible recycle materials. Waste that cannot be eliminated, reduced, recycled or composted will be disposed through safe and responsible methods.
9) Employees: To educate, train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner and to make environmental responsibility and innovation a guideline for measuring employee performance.
10) Open Dialogue: Make available to employees, customers and the community all relevant information on emissions, waste products and our other activities that may affect their health and safety.
11) Promote Environmental Practices: Promote sound environmental practices within our industry, including the sharing of experience with others and the continued support of research and development in environmental improvement.
12) Cleanup: Maintain and enhance internal procedures for handling environmental emergencies and meeting other environmental requirements.